Sunday, 4 October 2009

Let the introductions begin.....



Hello! Wow, welcome to what is going to be the start of very exciting venture for me. I truely love reading & writing. I always have ever since I was at pre-school and learnt to write my name and read the alphabet. So after a very lovely lady who I'm blessed to call my friend and God-mother of son number 3 inspired me by starting her own blog, I thought "okay, lets have a go!" I feel I can express what I'm truely feeling and thinking when I write it down, so.....




I guess a good place to start is by telling you abit more about myself. My full name is Stacey Lee Omokaro. I used to be a Beckham, but my married name is so much more exotic dont you think?!

I was born at the Canadian Redcross Hospital in Taplow at 2.55am on the 23rd December weighing in at a very nice 6lb 14oz. It was a white christmas in England that year - very rare - and ever since it's been my favourite time of the year. I love everything about winter, yes, even the cold! I would much rather wrap up warm and go for a wintery stroll in the woods, than sunbathe on a scorching beach all day.
I've always been asked if it's horrible having my birthday right on top of christmas, but for me it's an added bonus! Lots of celebrations in one hit! Having the christmas tree and decs up on my birthday is the best thing ever.... almost magical.... well that's how it felt as a child. :o)
I was a nice child mostly, I think. I'm sure my parents would vouch for that. Growing up there was just them, myself and my older sister Lisa. We had our fair share of ups and downs with life, but always pulled through together. I will tell you more about my parents and my sister in a later blog post!
I left school in 1998, with 12 GCSE's, and studied for a Business & Marketing GNVQ and a French A'level at College. I was accepted into the Buckinghamshire Chilterns University in Chalfont St.Peters to study a BA in Marketing but decided to defer for a year and gain some work experience in a Marketing firm. Needless to say I enjoyed the hussle and bussle of work life .... okay, stop! ...I enjoyed the MONEY from work life ... so much that I never did go and study for that Marketing degree. But today I'm pleased to say I graduated in October 2008 with a BA Hons in English Literature and Language. I hope to study Journalism next year. Lets just say life took another path...again that's for a later post!
Right now, I'm lucky enough to be a stay at home mummy to my 4 gorgeous children -4 boys (yes, I know!) - Josh, who's 6, Adam who's 5, Isaac who's 2 and lil Samuel who's nearly 9months.
Im married (as you know) to my fantastic hubby Robert. He's the love of my life, my knight in shining armour, my Robert! I will tell you more about him in a later post also!
So, you know I love reading and writing. Let me share a few other things I love doing with my life: I also love cooking (good job with 5 males to feed), swimming, family days out, seeing my friends, watching Lost/Masterchef/Strictly/The Apprentice on tv, and Organising events! I love being creative, visualising an event and then seeing it slowly come together until BHAM! the event itself. I dream of one day owning my own Events company.
One other thing about me, well probably the biggest, most important thing about me -which makes me, me is that I have the pleasure of knowing and loving Jesus. He is a huge part of my life and has been since I first met him when I was 16. He has done amazing, and I mean truely amazing things to and in my life, which I will share with you over the coming weeks.
One thing I can tell you right now is that He makes life so much easier to live!
Okay, so for this moment in time ( mainly because it's 7pm on a sunday and the boys need to go to bed) I'm going to say goodbye.
I really hope you log back into my blog. I talk so much and have loads to share, so I'm sure it'll open up emotions and feelings within you too.
See you later xxx




2 comments:

  1. Well...Hello there Princess Anastasia....and welcome to blog land....I have been blogging since January and so pleased you have started this...I always love reading your comments on FB and think this will give us more than just a wee taste of your life...a nice big chunk at a time....Look forward to reading more....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The white Christmas in 1981 was indeed very special but, not just because it was the whitest December that I can ever recall, but because you made a very easy and unassuming entry to this world, Although you have proved noisy at times since. From the moment you were placed in my arms and stared at me with big enquiring eyes Iknew that a special bond had been formed,and someone very unique and beautiful(Iknow I'm prejudice but am allowed tobe,I'm your mother), had entered this wonderful world. I'm loving the blog and am proud to call you daughter.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts on my writings....please share!