Thursday, 29 October 2009

My Robo!



Today is my wedding anniversary. I have been a married woman for 7 years! I really can't quite believe how quick the time has gone, and everything that has happened in those 7 years....well the whole 12 years we have been a couple to be honest.
I met my lovely husband in 1997 when I was just 15 years old. I truly believe he was sent into my life at just the right time. I was going through abit of a rebellious phase and had been "hanging around" with a not-so-nice bunch of people, when one day I met Robert. He was so sweet and our relationship just kind of grew from there really. Robert was a Christian and led me to Christ a few months later. My life changed literally overnight and I knew he was the one I wanted to spend the whole of my life with.

Robert is and always has been my soul mate. My best friend, my encourager. The one I can talk to about absolutley anything, who doesn't care if I'm having a bad hair day, prefers me au natural with no make-up on, knows how I like my tea and has seen me grow from a naive, insecure young girl into a strong, confident young woman. He is the father of my beautiful children and was amazing at each delivery - and continues to be an amazing dad. He has helped with the nappies, the grazes, the teething nights, reading with the boys and teaching them how to ride their bikes. He is the one who hears my fears, wipes away my tears and keeps me strong during the times of turmoil with illness, financial ups and downs, and all the other lifes little tests. He is the one who tells me everyday that I can do anything through Jesus, the one who makes me laugh with his hilarious dance moves, the one who knows how to woo me and calls me his Sweetie.

I love my husband so much. Neither of us is perfect and we know the buttons to press to wind eachother up. But one thing I do know is that when we said our vows 7 years ago, I was dying with a rare blood disorder and yet my Robert stood by me, and declared his love, and his Faith in Jesus that he wasn't going to lose me, and chose me as his wife. True Love really does prevail all!

So, Mr.Robo...aka Babyhead (haha-now everyone knows!) this is my public declaration to say I love you so much. Thank you for the past 12 years ... and the 7 of those I have had the privledge to be called your wife. You are amazing and help to keep this house going with your positive attitude,strength and how hard you work to provide for us all. We are a great team - all six of us.
Here's hoping the next 7 years are full of much more laughter, joy, prosperity and love for us all.

Just like I wrote on my collge book 12 years ago - Stace & Robo 2getha 4eva! Love u!

1 comment:

  1. fab blog entry Stacey...we need to all be so much more positive about our hubbys...

    so much negative stuff going on out there in the world with people disrespecting their partners

    As Christian wives we must stand firm and refuse to be drawn into idle gossip and negative stuff....keep speaking it out!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts on my writings....please share!