Saturday, 6 October 2012

Breakthrough!

I have a bit of a testimony to share of some recent breakthrough in our personal life. Where better place to share but my trusted little blog :)

So as many people know I'm a stay at home mum to our kiddies and have been blessed to have been in this role since our eldest son was born nearly 10 years ago (can't believe he will soon be in double figures!) The reason I've been able to stay with my children is because of the job of my amazing hubby who works so hard. He contracts his limited company to Siemens and is a testing manager for them placed at Royal Mail. It's a great job which he loves and excels in, but the hours are long and not always family friendly. We've always ploughed through this quite graciously I think and know God has met my desire of being available full time to my children in this season of parent hood with the provision of Roberts job.

However, once a year in September we always endure the waiting game of hearing if Roberts contract has or will be renewed. Whilst we have the slight "worldly" re-assurance that during the years contract Siemens have to give him 3 months notice, when it comes to the end of that year, he could literally be out of a job within days.
Usually, if I'm honest, I quite struggle through this time. I feel scared, I worry about our future and how we would provide for our children should the contract not be renewed and I stress. I do pray about it, but sadly it is my one "thing" that I happily take back from Gods control and put the burden on myself. I believe this stems from a childhood of financial uncertainty. My parents struggled during the 80's recession....my dad lost his business...this resulted in them being re-possessed and losing our family home and having to start all over again. It was a daunting time, and I know an experience I wouldn't want to endure as an adult with a family.
However, with Robert and myself, his contract has, for the last 10 years been renewed each time and I always thank God and wonder why I stressed myself quite so much.

This year really has been a year of me "finding myself," as a grown woman- yes, I know at 30 I've been an adult a long while but having married at just 20 and having children throughout that time, I'd kind of put truly knowing myself on the back burner and concentrated all my energy into my growing family. I think knowing our daughter is our last child had made me wake up about getting to know who Stacey is...outside of parenting and everything else. So, anyway, throughout this year I've really given myself, my worries and fears, how I live my life and spend my time and energy to God. The woman's conference at my church in July really helped me kick start this change of heart.
So as we approached the time of Roberts contract for 2011-2012 coming to an end, I made a conscious decision that I would give the situation to God and leave it right there...with Him...not take it back and lose sleep over what could be....but rest in His promises of a secure future....rest in His love that if Roberts contract wasn't renewed that I would trust that, that was because God had a better plan.

Not as easy as it sounds actually, but by making this a prayer point everyday and not discussing the what-ifs or even really the fact that we were once again at that time of the year with anyone, asides from my husband, I can honestly say I felt so calm and peaceful as the days went by leading up to d-day!

And the outcome...well Robert has another years contract with Siemens and as a little bonus a 2% pay rise aswell! Amazing in the currect financial climate our country is in! THANK YOU JESUS! I feel as if it's a double reward because God is saying, "Stace, atlast my love, you have understood your role and my role....have the little 2% thing as an extra gift of my goodness!"

But, you know...it's not just with the things we class as the biggies that we should do this with. God wants us to trust Him for breakthrough continually. I think the most important thing we can do is dedicate ourselves to praying, believing in our prayers, believing our prayers are not wasted words but us giving God the chance to answer, and ultimately resting in the answer He gives us.

Whilst I can't guarantee how I would have felt had Roberts contract not been renewed,  can say very honestly, that I was at peace and secure about the decision and like to think my faith through this time would have remained had the decision been different.
But God knows what we need, what we desire and He truly works His very best to meet those without hindering His plans for us.
I love Him so much....He's so good to us...even in the hard times...He keeps us going more than we'll ever know...He protects us from so much more than we could ever comprehend.

So, to finish....a question! What is the breakthrough you're trusting God for?
I'd just love to encourage you to give it fully to Him...pass it over, and close the door on trying to manipulate the outcome yourself. Have faith my friend in the supernatural goodness of your creator...He loves you so much! Challenge yourself to do what I done in our situation and rest in knowing that He's got your back...whatever the outcome! You WILL see and reap HIS reward over you!

I believe it for you! I truly do...
Isaiah 26:3 "You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you!"

Be Blessed :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts on my writings....please share!