Sunday, 25 November 2012

Baptism Boy!

Today is a special day in the Omokaro house! Adam, son number 2 was baptised at church this morning.
Adam has had a desire to be baptised since watching his older brother Josh take the "plunge" a couple of years ago. But it wasn't until a few weeks ago that he felt truly prompted by God to take this step of obedience.

Whilst we appreciate some people may not agree with children being baptised, for us as parents and also for the leaders of our church, we fully believe God can and does speak to children of any age and if a child feels led to be baptised, who are we to stop them on their personal journey with God.

Adam wrote his little personal story himself and bravely stood on stage in front of 500 people and declared his love for God. My husband and I naturally feel so proud. I am so so thankful to God that whilst some people may look down on us for having 5 children, we know deep in our hearts it was always His perfect plan for us, and He equips us in every sense to bring these little people up in His ways. He meets our every practical need and our daily prayer is that our children would grow stronger in their faiths and know Him for themselves.
To think that two of our five children have publicly shared their love for God and have chosen themselves to follow His word and seek Him for themselves just humbles me, excites me and makes me feel a sense of achievement as a parent.

I don't ask for much in life...believe me....but like most mothers, I want my children to have a better life than me. I don't want them to have the struggles I've had.....to see your baby being baptised at such a young age kind of confirms God hears your desire and words and is onside....that may sound silly...naive...but it sure does encourage me that having five children isn't hindering our family from doing what God calls us to do...that whilst our children still squabble, make mess, answer back at times, that actually God is already moulding them and using them for bigger things.

I'm so thankful God came into my life at 16, so that I could share His love with my precious babies. I pray they would all continue on their paths with Jesus...even 16month old Livvy who screeches Amen at the end of prayers! God touches the youngest hearts!

Today we have had a special family tea, shared gifts with Adam and I've got his favourite dessert for later...simple pleasures to cement the day....perfect! :-)

Mark 16:16 "He who believes and is baptised, shall be saved!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts on my writings....please share!