Saturday, 23 March 2013

Flickering Flame...

A young, damaged, vulnerable 16year old...not sure of what the future held.
Threats...people following...domination...scared...worry...fear...need to escape...need to breathe!

Robert... my knight in shining armour... came to my rescue... held me close... showed me a way... love... comfort... peace... escape... Salvation... a flickering flame ignited in my heart!

The wind blows... sometimes gentle... sometimes harsh... the trees sway... their branches bear the weight... the seasons do their damage... the seasons bring great remedy... the trees keep standing...

Life.... sometimes gentle... sometimes harsh... worry... fear... vulnerability... people hurt me... circumstance rocks me... the seasons do their damage... the seasons bring great remedy... my flame continues flickering...

Jesus... my continual flickering flame... the fire in my heart... whilst my faith at times may falter... though my heart at times may feel like it bears the weight... though I know I will never be the perfection that has been expected of me... this flickering flame fights to keep burning... it won't be extinguished... because you, my beautiful Jesus won't ever give up on me...

This flickering flame... The most precious thing I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts on my writings....please share!