Thursday, 18 April 2013

The stranger on the pitch!

Today's been a normal kind of day...nothing dramatic to report other than an episode of projectile vomiting from son number 2.... nothing overly exciting to share asides from the fact I lost 2lbs this week.....but for me, there was one moment that really stood out. A moment that re-confirmed to me that we are doing okay...that God is answering prayers of a mother & father just trying to do their best...and that it's all worth it....

Thursdays are now the start of 6-7pm seeing us at Westmorland Park for an hours footie training. This was our second week as our eldest son Joshua spends time training to make an U10's team in the upcoming new season. It's an exciting time for him, and I've got my head around the fact that on Thursdays like today when the hubby is working a late shift, it's me and the five little ones doing the footie routine.
Thankfully this evening has been gorgeous weather so whilst Josh was training, sons number 1 and 2 played together in another area of the pitch with a ball and son number 4 and little fairy princess  were with myself in the lovely park there, running around. Towards the end of the hour we all regrouped to watch Josh and the other team members play a mini match. It was a lovely hour together...fresh air, lots of space and content mummy and kids.

At the end of the session the coach for that team came to speak with me, and said how great Josh was, and that he wants to snap him up for the team, but needs to see if the other U10's team Josh was with in week 1 want him...great news for my boy....wish you could've sent he huge beam on his face!

Then as we walked back to the car another mum joined me in step.

"Hi, I'm Laura, ****'s mum. I just wanted to say I also have five children...and like you have four boys and then a little girl. All similar ages too by the looks of it. I just want you to know that despite not knowing you as yet...but I hope I do get to know you more...that you are amazing. I've watched you and your children for the last 20minutes or so, and I am in awe. And I want you to know that I get it...it being the time, planning, energy, and faith it takes to raise five children. Keep doing what you're doing, it's so worth it, and you're a brilliant mum!"

I was surprised to have felt so emotional at her words, but there at 7.10pm in a now slightly chillier field, I could have hugged this stranger for totally making my day....she did get it...she really did...and by her getting it, I was made to realise yet again that having my five beautiful little hobbits is nothing but pure Godly genius...it's okay...it's happening...it's working...it's going to lead to an amazing future for each one of us! The tiredness, the constant whirlwind of activities, chores, homeworks, illness, birthdays, squabbles, noise levels, and privacy invasions (think, trying to have a wee in peace!) are all worth it...and there in that small moment, God used a stranger who I really hope I do get to see again, to speak His confirming words into my heart!

It doesn't take much to encourage someone.
It doesn't take much to be kind.
It doesn't take much to let another person know that you "get it!" Whatever that "it" may be!

I'm feeling so thankful tonight.
I'm sitting here now with a hot cuppa and soon will have my dinner whilst my five tired children are asleep/drifting off to sleep in their beds.

Quietness surrounds me...I feel at peace...not for any other reason than I know God has this family firmly in His hands. I don't know what my day holds tomorrow, what my family's futures look like...but right now, in this here moment...all is good! Thank you Jesus...and thank you Laura, the other brave mummy of five who made this girlie feel fabulous after a pretty normal day :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts on my writings....please share!