Friday, 31 May 2013

"God.....are you there?"

A question I find circumstance leads me to ask often is "God, are you there?"

~ When my health takes a nosedive ~ "God, are you there?"
~ When one of my children has a tough day at school ~ "God, are you there?"
~ When my husband has to work yet another weekend, meaning it's me and the children doing it
    'alone' ~ "God, are you there?"
~ When my mum has her umpteenth hospital appointment because once again this medicine isn't
    working well ~ "God, are you there?"
~ When the house we thought was going to be ours, sells to another family ~ "God, are you there?"
~ When relationships go through stale patches ~ "God, are you there?"
~ When I feel insecure, scared, let down, sad, tired, useless, overwhelmed ~ "God, are you there?"

And when I often find myself asking this question, I scurry like a squirrel to seek out the scripture or song or message that will give me the answer I so need...
Today, I needed to have time to scurry....to search....to find my answer....and thankfully I did.

In the form of this scripture:- Deuteronomy 31:8 "The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you, nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."


Today, I had it once again confirmed in my heart, that God isn't just 'there,' God is very much 'here!'

Nothing in this life is guaranteed, except one thing...God is always with us, and when we understand who He is and what He has already done for us through His precious son Jesus Christ, our doubts disappear!

No matter what my day throws at me....whether I live in "that house" or the next....no matter if I'm the subject of a gossipy conversation....who cares if my derrière doesn't squeeze into those size 12's as yet....regardless of what the blood results look like on paper....my Jesus conquered it all on the cross...and He didn't do all that lightly and half heartedly....He done it my friend, so that I...you...we would grasp the love that God has for us and live a life of not scurrying....but resting....resting in the beautiful truths that reign over our existences.

Oh Lord God....I barely have had time to process today...let alone consider what tomorrow looks like...but your word tells me not to worry about tomorrow (Matthew 6:34) and so I won't...I choose right now to rest in knowing you are there already...moulding it into what you want it to look like for me....but more importantly I choose to rest in knowing that you are here in this very moment and you don't have any agenda other than to wrap me in your warm embrace and be the answer to my, asked probably too often question!

Psalm 145:18 "The Lord is near to all who call on Him; to all who call on Him in truth!"

Be blessed :-)








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts on my writings....please share!