Monday, 10 June 2013

Difficult times....

Psalm 42:5   "Why, my soul, are you downcast?
                     Why so disturbed within me?
                     Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Saviour and my God."


This may come as a slight shock to some readers, and may not be the news you want to hear on this early Monday evening in June - but living a Christian life does not mean you won't experience and live through challenging, difficult times! In fact, I'm quite confident in saying, the "harder" a person presses into Jesus, the "harder" the challenges!
No-one goes out seeking tough times, but ready or not, here they come. They find us...they rock our "comfortable" little existences....they make us vulnerable.

Lets be honest here, who do you know who hasn't experienced a deep disappointment, the loss of a loved one, a testing season with a child, been let down by a good friend, financial difficulties, career worries, poor health, a relationship break down, marriage stresses...and the list goes on?

A man after Gods own heart, David knew his fair share of difficult times. He often wrote openly about them in the Psalms. But David also knew that God never wastes our time, God never allows for a situation or circumstance to hurt us to a point where we can't - with His help - overcome it. David knew that God uses every circumstance to build us, grow us, develop us, and use us for greater things!

I don't necessarily know your circumstance today, but I want to encourage you that God does...I also want to encourage you that I have my share of testing situations at present, and would say this: We can choose to let them define us, break us, stop us and defeat us....or we can choose to join David in his prayer...and even if our soul is "downcast," even if our soul is "disturbed" whisper these simple words:
"Oh, my God, my hope is in You. Oh, my God, I will Praise You!"

When we make this our perspective, I believe He can and will ignite our hearts and bring us through!

Be Blessed :-) .....and remember:




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts on my writings....please share!