Tuesday, 6 August 2013

A Letter to the one who noticed {Letters to}

To....
 My Knight in Shining Armour,

          From a really young age I loved fairy tales. Stories of Disney princesses hounded by nasty step mothers and evil witches.... Beautiful princesses locked up in towers, treated like dirt... suffering at the hands of the not very nice one....until one day, there He is....her knight in shining armour...her Prince Charming...ready to save the day and whisk her away for a life of Happily Ever After....
As a little girl, I imagined myself as that beautiful princess...but often asked myself "who would notice me?"
As it turns out, in my early teenage years quite a few people did notice me...well atleast the rebellious, crying out for attention me... sadly, their intentions weren't to bring me happiness, love me and care for me...they were drawn to the rebellion, the naiviety, the longing to be noticed....
I suddenly found myself living a young life of feeling vulnerable and scared.

Until....one day, there you were!

I'm not totally sure who made the move to speak first...but I do remember your huge smile...the gap in your two front teeth...that you were cheeky and kind all rolled into one. I do remember that you asked me questions about me, you made sure I got home safely when we realised we lived close to me another. And I remember that you continued to build relationship with me, and my "mess" didn't scare you. My "mess" gave you the confidence to tell me about a love unconditional...a Saviour who died for me...a Father who adored me....that there was another way....a way out of being "locked up" in negativity and fear....you showed me Jesus....and you helped rescue me from the not so nice one.

That was 16 years ago now, and here we are today, married for nearly 11 of those years, with five beautiful children and a new story to tell....our story...some fun chapters, some sad chapters, some hilarious chapters and some yet to be written chapters.... but I want you to know that you will always be my Knight in shining armour....that without you noticing the real me....my life could have been so so different. We both know that!
This letter is a public declaration to say that you, my beautiful husband, made my personal princess fairy tale spring to life...and I love you so much! Thank you for noticing me, thank you for sticking with me, thank you for being you....here's to our Happily Ever After.....Amen!

Love Always
Sweetie xxx



















Today, I'm being brave and linking up with the lovely Sabrina at http://sabrinafowles.blogspot.co.uk on the topic of "Letter to the one who noticed!"

5 comments:

  1. This is so so lovely! Such a story you have unravelling, with many more amazing things to come :-) so glad you linked up! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! What a lovely uplifting story you have to tell, full of love and hope and promise for the future. Your husband sounds a Knight in shining armour indeed. Thanks for sharing your story - reading it has made me smile.
    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful personal story with salvation woven right through it. Your husband does sound amazing and a real Knight in shining armour for you! A tale of love and overcoming that is still being written in your lives. It was a pleasure to read. Thank you :)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stacey, thanks for linking up with us! I too have always been a lover of the sweep-me-off-my-feet fairy tales, and in a world where happy endings are so hard to find, it's lovely to hear of the real life princesses and their handsome knights. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless you lovely ladies, thank you for your encouraging comments xx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts on my writings....please share!