Friday, 6 September 2013

Red {5 minute Friday}

Today I choose to link up at lisajobaker.com for five minute Friday. A time to write for 5 minutes unedited on the 
chosen theme! This weeks theme is RED...here goes!!!


 He looked up at me with his huge, five year old, brown teary eyes..hand at an angle not usual for bones so fragile.
A visit to minor injuries, an X-ray and the consultants words confirmed that whilst at football camp, 
my little boy had indeed suffered a broken wrist.
For a few days he had to wear a temporary cast to protect the injury and allow swelling to go down, 
and then excitement despite the cause...on return to the hospital, he was able to chose
a full cast that would mend his little bones, in any colour he wished for...

My boy...being the football crazy little hobbit he is, chose red...a beautiful, bright red to represent his favourite football team. And he rocked that little red cast, he really did. And we grew to accept it, work around it ~ especially at bath times when we weren't able to get it wet.
Today, after four weeks of being in cast, little man had it removed.
Delight as his skinny little arm was revealed, and the words "your wrist is healed" were spoken. Laughter as he told the consultant, he had found the whole experience "great!"
Contentment and words of thanks murmured by this relieved mummy to the One who made it possible.

We decided to keep the red cast...memory boxes are made for such life treasures in my opinion. And as I laid it in my boys box this evening, it dawned on me that my whole life I have associated the colour red with danger...with stopping in order to avoid collision...that red has never been a colour I particularly like....yet it has a deep significance in my life when it comes to my faith and my belief that Jesus shed His blood for me on the cross.
Just as the little red cast healed my baby's bones, Jesus's blood healed me...rescued me and delivered me from a life that just wasn't nice. I have experienced feeling emotioanlly, like my little mans wrist...set back in place, yet weak from the ordeal...but in time strength comes...in time, confidence grows....in time, the trauma lessens, the memories fade and a thankful soul presses through.
Just as a bone doesn't have to stay broken in a world where medics can plaster it and fix it....a life needn't be lived in confusion, hurt, desperation and despair when a saviour came to bring us unconditional love, peace, happiness and rest. 
It's here for the taking...for every single one of us....we need simply open our hearts and minds and let Him in...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts on my writings....please share!