Friday, 21 February 2014

Small {5 minute Friday}

Ready to link up at http://lisajobaker.com/five-minute-friday again this week. The deal is we write for 5 minutes unedited...linky up and encourage the person who linked up before. No over thinking, no wrong or right...just thoughts based on a theme and shared to uplift (hopefully)
This weeks prompt is Small!
Here goes:

I'm 5ft7 inches tall and blessed with rather ample vital statistics. I have five children, a 6ft muscle man of a husband, drive a biggish family size car and live in a biggish family of 7 sized house.
There isn't much that could be described as small about this girl right here.
But, it's amazing right how even when we can be big in stature and materialistic style things, there are moments in time when emotionally and mentally we can feel so tiny.
Whether it be, being intimidated by a person who appears more powerful than us, feeling uncertain of what tomorrow holds or simply down in the dumps at circumstance that suffocates our every minutes ... hours ... days.

I'm learning all the time on my journey that dependant on my perspective, what is big can seem so small, and what is small can become so big. For me the words of Jesus in Matthew 17:20 spring to mind when I think of this: "He told them, tell you the truth, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; nothing will be impossible for you.”
Jesus isn't asking for much from us here. He isn't asking us to think beyond anything other than a mustard seed...a teeny, tiny, SMALL mustard seed. He tells us so clearly that if we have the mindset in our faith even as small as a mustard seed, we, you and I can do incredible things. We can move mountains! MOUNTAINS! H-U-G-E things. With something small, we can do something so big!

This encourages me so much. I really pray this meets you at your need too. That this would reveal to you a truth, that you don't have to start big in order to succeed. That in Jesus's eyes, your small...your small, so tiny it's like a mustard seed can and will take you into the big. 

When you come to Jesus with whatever is within your capacity right now...for Him that's enough. That's just perfect my friend. Because what He can do with that offering of yours so sweet...wow, He can move mountains. He can shift them so far away that the valley you walk will be clear, and bright. 

Small. I'm quite liking you right now! :-)

Five Minute Friday


1 comment:

  1. Awe inspiring. Moving mountains is God business. We need a small mustard seed of faith. Thanks for blessing me today.

    Mary-andering Creatively

    Mary-andering Among the Pages

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts on my writings....please share!