Friday, 30 May 2014

Nothing {5 minute Friday}

"This is the place where once a week we take the chance to just write, and not worry if it’s just right or not. For five minutes flat. Here’s how the game works: you simply stop, drop and write. Set your words free. Don’t edit them, don’t fret over them, don’t try to make them perfect."   I chose this week to do just that and link up with the fab Lisa-Jo Baker on her prompt "Nothing!" Here goes:
Nothing is such an empty word don't you think? 
"What you up to?" .... Nothing
"What you thinking? ....Nothing
"What's wrong?"  ....Nothing
"What shall we do today?"  ....Nothing
Nothing is an empty word. 
In the message version of the bible, Genesis 1:1 says "First this: God created the Heavens and Earth—all you see, all you don’t see. Earth was a soup of nothingness, a bottomless emptiness, an inky blackness."
When you look around you right now at your surroundings, can you imagine a time when earth was a "soup of nothingness?" It's kind of hard to fully comprehend how that would have been isn't it. My surrounding right now is my comfortable, warm and very homely living room. I look out of the window and am welcomed to the sight of pretty flowers, blossom trees and my children's tree swing swaying in the wind. It's beautiful...but once upon a time..."earth was a soup of nothingness!"
Lord, I want you to know I don't take this for granted. I'm in awe of your creative eye...I love how you crafted all I see around me together, how beautiful it is; how much it comforts me; delights me; makes me feel safe...loved. 
I'm so grateful that you turn our nothingness into something truly majestic and purposeful. That when we are "down to nothing; you are up to something!" The times when we feel worthless and as though we have nothing to offer, you see only the best - you strengthen; you guide; you refresh, you awaken. 
The truth is without you....there really is nothing....because you...well you are everything. Yesterday, today, tomorrow, forever! 
Amen!

Five Minute Friday



4 comments:

  1. So glad to connect with you, Stacey! Thanks for reading and commenting on my FMF post. I'm thankful for your encouragement. And thankful for your words here that remind me that God is always up to something. Yes, He is creative and He is able! Thanks! ~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so good! Beautiful. I'm here from FMF. Thank you for sharing your heart. http://maryhess.com/five-minute-friday-nothing/

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! thanks for sharing these thoughts today. so encouraging, especially your last line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much. I'm so blessed to connect with you all!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts on my writings....please share!